Good ideas for a great weekend in Amsterdam
Amsterdam’s attractiveness does not diminish
Amsterdam is a very touristy and attractive city, the queen of weekends, easily accessible by plane, thanks to its short distance and excellent connections to Schiphol Airport.
For a weekend or a short stay of 3 or 4 days, Amsterdam is the city par excellence to combine cultural visits and crazy evenings, romance and change of scenery.
Ease of access by plane
It’s quite natural to come to Amsterdam by plane as there is no need for a car on site. Everything is done either on foot, by bike or by public transport (metro, tram, bus).
Cheap flights to Amsterdam are easily found on sites such as Alibabuy or other airline ticket comparators. The idea behind these cheap flight booking websites is to compare airlines and list the cheapest prices and services according to your choice of dates and departure airport. As some airlines hide the extra costs related to luggage or payment by VISA or Mastercard, some airline comparators display them to you right from the start, which is really a time saver.
Our ideas for a short stay in Amsterdam
Already it is interesting to plan a transport pass to Amsterdam to save time and money on the spot.
Then it is interesting to plan your stay, because in Amsterdam there is so much tourism that you can be very frustrated not to be able to access for example the Van Gogh Museum or the Rijksmuseum. Therefore we recommend that you consider booking your ticket in advance for your museum in Amsterdam.
Interesting attractions for a weekend of 2 to 3 days are :
- The Keukenhof is a beautiful flowery park next to Amsterdam, it’s great to stroll in the spring in the Keukenhof, it’s magical.
- Visiting the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is a memorable experience, here the most beautiful concerts take place, a bit like at La Fenice in Venice.
- Take a romantic stroll and candlelight dinner on the canals of Amsterdam’s Jordaan.
- Pay a visit to Anne Franck’s House, you will leave transformed
- Spend a late afternoon in a brown coffee shop in Amsterdam after visiting the Heineken Experience
There is so much to do and see in Amsterdam. Whether it’s with friends, family, or lovers, a weekend in Amsterdam is sure to appeal to you.
To make it easier for you to plan your stay, we have designed an accurate tourist map in which all the tourist attractions and good addresses have been listed and placed.