Should you buy the Amsterdam Museum Card?
Visiting Amsterdam means visiting a number of museums and making the most of your free time while you’re there, among other things. Without museum passes or priority tickets, you’ll have to wait in line at every museum and at every attraction. If you want to avoid this: the Amsterdam Museum Card is for you.
Amsterdam City Pass with priority tickets to 2 Amsterdam museums
Save money and avoid lines at the Rijksmuseum AND the Van Gogh Museum. Includes a round trip to and from the airport (or a parking space), an hour-long cruise on the canals of Amsterdam, and a 20% discount on other museums/attractions (e.g. the Stedelijk Museum, the Hermitage, the Heineken Experience, Madame Tussaud’s and much more!)
What we think:
You should buy this pass if your answer to the following questions is YES:
- Do you want low-priced tickets while you avoid waiting in line for hours on end every time you visit a museum in Amsterdam?
- Do you want to at least go to the Van Gogh museum AND the Rijksmuseum museum? (if you only want to visit one of these, get the Amsterdam City Pass instead)
- Are you getting to the city via the Schiphol Amsterdam airport and do you want to get to downtown Amsterdam by train without waiting in line to get a ticket?
- Would you like to go on a cruise along the canals of Amsterdam?
How much is the Amsterdam Museum Card?
The Amsterdam Museum Card:
– 63 € 50 for adults
– € 27 for teenagers between the ages of 13-17
– € 20 for children between the ages of 4-12
You’ll need to :
– select your arrival date for the train ticket
– know which day would you like to visit the Van Gogh Museum (the Rijksmuseum and other activities will be open-access)
The tickets will be sent to you by email.
Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam – Priority ticket without a guide
Musée Van Gogh d'Amsterdam - Visite guidée avec billet coupe file
Rijksmuseum Amsterdam - Priority ticket without a guide
What are the other benefits of the Amsterdam Museum Card?
The Amsterdam Museum Card has other advantages:
– It will get you a 20% discount on the purchase of other priority tickets to:
- The Stedelijk museum
- The Hermitage Museum
- The Amsterdam Museum
- The Jewish Historical District
- The NEMO museum
- The National Maritime Museum
- The Heineken Experience
- The Keukenhof Gardens
- Madame Tussauds
- The Hop on Hop off tourist bus
- The Ajax Arena Stadium Tour
- The Ice Bar
- The Cheese Tasting Tour
This map is an adaptation of the Museumkaart which itself is intended for residents only.
Amsterdam City Pass with priority tickets to 1 Amsterdam museum
Save money and avoid lines at the Rijksmuseum OR the Van Gogh Museum. For your convenience, it includes a round trip transfer to and from the airport plus an hour-long cruise on Amsterdam’s canals!