Why buy a city pass when visiting Amsterdam?
When you’re planning your visit to Amsterdam, you’ll see that you can get your museum tickets on the spot, but sometimes the wait is endless – especially for the Van Gogh Museum, where the line can be hundreds of feet long!
To avoid wasting time in ticket lines, and also to save money, you can plan ahead and get an Amsterdam City Pass.
In addition, the Amsterdam City Pass offers other interesting benefits, like rides to the Schiphol airport, a parking space in downtown Amsterdam, discounts at other museums, a canal cruise: in short, it really helps you save time and money!
Amsterdam City Pass with priority tickets to 1 Amsterdam museum
Save money and avoid lines at the Rijksmuseum OR the Van Gogh Museum. It’s convenient: it includes a round trip to and from the airport, and a bonus: an hour-long cruise on Amsterdam’s canals!
Amsterdam City Pass with priority tickets to 2 Amsterdam museums
Save money and avoid waiting in line at the Rijksmuseum AND the Van Gogh Museum. Includes a round trip to and from the airport (or a parking space), an hour-long cruise on Amsterdam’s canals, a 20% discount on admission to other museums/attractions (e.g. the Stedelijk Museum, the Hermitage, the Heineken Experience, Madame Tussaud’s, and much more!)
Our review of the Amsterdam City Pass
This city pass is intended for tourists arriving by plane ; it combines admission to a museum + transportation to and from the airport + a cruise, all for one attractive price!
If you want to visit the Van Gogh Museum AND the Rijksmuseum, we suggest buying the lesser-known city pass that includes 2 museums, and a trip to and from the airport or a parking space (it can be found by clicking on the second link ‘Amsterdam City Pass to 2 museums “).
What we think:
You should buy this pass if your answer to the following questions is YES:
- Would you like to visit the Van Gogh museum OR the Rijksmuseum but not both? (otherwise, check out the lesser-known city pass that we found that includes admission to 2 museums – which can be found by clicking on the second link « Amsterdam City Pass to 2 museums »),
- Do you want priority tickets to cut down on waiting time and so you don’t have to block off a specific time of day to visit the museum?
- Are you are arriving in Amsterdam by plane via the Schiphol Airport and would you like to take advantage of a train’s speed and affordable prices to get downtown?
- Would you like to go on a cruise along the canals of Amsterdam?
How much is the Amsterdam City Pass ?
This Amsterdam tourist pass costs :
– 42,50€ for adults
– 27€ per teenager between the ages of 13-17
– 20€ children between the ages of 4-12
You will need to:
– identify your precise arrival and departure date at the airport for your Airport-Amsterdam train tickets
– specify the day you would like to visit your chosen museum
You will receive the tickets by email.
What are the other advantages of the Amsterdam City pass ?
The Amsterdam city pass offers other benefits :
– It will get you a 20% discount on the purchase of priority tickets to:
- the Stedelijk museum
- the Hermitage Museum
- the museum of Amsterdam
- the Jewish Historical District
- the NEMO museum
- the Maritime National Museum
- the Heineken Experience
- the gardens of Keukenhof
- Madame Tussauds
- the Hop on Hop off tourist bus
- the Ajax Arena Stadium Tour
- the Ice Bar
- the Cheese Tasting tour